After bargaining for well over a year, and through the beginning of this current fiscal year, your union and district have reached tentative agreement on a three-year contract, through FY 2016-2019 with re-openers each of the next three years.
Highlights of the contract include:
- A 2.3% across the board wage increase to all members, retroactive to July 1, 2016.(Article 10.) Added $25 to each of the Supporting Services Certificate of Distinction annual payments in Article 10.17
- NO INCREASE to health insurance premiums and NO CHANGE to the insurance plan.
- Cleaned up language regarding overtime for Facility Lease Hours (Article 12.14)
- The ability for bus drivers who call in sick to have only 8 hours deducted from their sick leave bank, regardless of hours scheduled, which helps drivers whose shift is longer than 8 hours not burn up sick leave time. (Article 14.2)
- A process for involuntary transfers that, should the district need to transfer an employee due to a new staffing model or realignment, the district must ask for volunteers from the affected classifications and failing that, the least senior employee will be transferred. Additionally, this change compels to take into account the employee’s home location as not to excessively burden the transferred employee. (Article 19.2)
- The change in transportation that allows employees to effectively track hours worked via punches. Workers have long suspected there were errors in the pay system and now can effectively track a number of hours worked in cases of discrepancies. (Note: this change takes into account the duties transportation workers must perform outside of driving, including pre-trips, post trips, sweeping the bus, taking out trash, meetings with management/admin/dispatchers, etc..those duties are still to be performed by all drivers.)
Each year of the contract, the union and district will meet to discuss Article 10-Salaries, Article 21-General Provisions, Article 22-Departmental Operations and Article 24-Health Insurance.
All bargaining unit members are encouraged to vote. The secret ballot ratification vote will take place on Thursday, October 13th at the sites and times below:
Tarpon Springs Bus Compound from 5:00 AM to 2 PM
Coachmen Bus Compound from 5:00 AM to 2:00 PM
49th Street Bus Compound from 5:00 AM to 2:00 PM
WPSC cafeteria from 5:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Lealman Bus Compound from 5:00 AM to 2:00 PM
PTC North, South Side of Building 1 Room 36 – Le Bistrot 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM
The complete record of changes to the contract is available here