Our contract has been ratified!
SEIU Florida Public Services Union is pleased to announce that represented employees at Pinellas County School District have voted to ratify their collective bargaining agreement by a margin of 81%. This three-year successor contract extends through June 2024 and includes a 3.25% across the board wage increase, no increase to health insurance premiums or co-pays, increasing Personal Leave from 4 to 5 days with an additional sick day up to the maximum allowable by state statute, an expanded shift differential for the whole day for bus drivers who report in the early morning, bidding of routes for Bus Assistants, an enhanced attendance incentive for bus drivers, an increase to mechanics’ tool allowance, and more.
Final results by polling location are listed below:
- East Lake High School (11 Yes, 4 No, 0 Provisional)
- Lakewood High School (5 Yes, 0 No, 7 Provisional)
- Seminole High School (4 Yes, 1 No, 0 Provisional)
- Tarpon Springs Bus Compound (26 Yes, 31 No, 0 Provisional)
- WPSC Cafeteria (97 Yes, 31 No, 2 Provisional)
- 49th Street Bus Compound (75 Yes, 16 No, 0 Provisional)
- Coachman Bus Compound (40 Yes, 5 No, 0 Provisional)
- Lealman Bus Compound (28 Yes, 6 No, 0 Provisional)
- Online Secret Ballot (170 Yes, 14 No, 0 Provisional)
- Total (456 Yes, 108 No, 11 Provisional)
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to your union member leaders Richard “Mac” MacDonald (firstname.lastname@example.org), Rebecca Dean (email@example.com), Tia Blunt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Director of Bargaining Joseph Brenner at 561-308-1919.
Update on Bonuses
Sick Leave Bank
The District, PCTA, PESPA and SEIU are excited to present updated guidelines for the Sick Leave Bank, which includes a modification to the guidelines to allow employees to withdraw up to 10 days due to a documented COVID-19 illness during the 2020-2021 school year. an additional sick day up to the maximum allowable by state statute
What is the Sick Leave Bank?
The Sick Leave Bank is used to provide an opportunity for a professional to remain in the field of education following a personal, debilitating illness or accident which substantially delays his/her ability to resume duty. By simply donating one of your sick days to the Bank, you have the ability to withdraw days if you are suffering from a personal debilitating illness or injury. Regular guidelines state you must exhaust your available sick days and go without pay for 5 days.
What modifications have been made due to COVID-19?
The Families First Coronavirus Act (FFCRA) provides employees with up to 80 hours of Emergency Paid Sick Leave if the employee is unable to work or telework, under the conditions outlined in the FFCRA. The modified procedures will allow members of the Sick Leave Bank to withdraw up to an additional 10 days of paid time for COVID illnesses, after exhausting their hours from the Emergency Paid Sick Leave. Members of the sick leave bank won’t have to exhaust their sick leave, nor will they have to go without pay for 5 days.
When can I join the Sick Leave Bank?
You can join now! Staff typically can enroll in the Bank on the first Monday of each month. However, we are opening this enrollment period throughout the month of August this year. After August, you will still be able to join on the first Monday of each month going forward. And, due to COVID-19, we are waiving the requirement that you have to have ten (10) sick days to join this year.
How do I join the Sick Leave Bank?
Please click below to download the application form and pony it to the Human Resources Department.
- Isaline “Izzy” Boston-Boyd, Organizer | 727.798.4312 | email@example.com
- Rebecca “Becky” Dean
Chapter Chair, PCS
- Richard “Mac” MacDonald
Chapter Secretary, PCS
Vice President for Finance, SEIU-FPSU
- Talmadge Andrews
Executive Board Member, SEIU-FPSU
- Rebecca “Becky” Dean – Executive Board Member, SEIU-FPSU
- Richard “Mac” MacDonald – Executive Board Member, SEIU-FPSU
- Brian Wilson
- Tia Blunt
- Tia Blunt
- Sonja Cheaves
- Vince Morgan
Contracts & Agreements
- SEIU-PCSB Memorandum of Understanding 1.11.22
- SEIU-PCSB Memorandum of Understanding 9.29.21
- SEIU-PCSB Tentative Agreement 2021–2024
- SEIU-Pinellas County School District Collective Bargaining Agreement 2018-2021
1202 66th Street North
St. Petersburg, FL 33710
Due to the COVID pandemic our St Petersburg office is currently closed until further notice. Please contact our main office in Palm Springs at 561.965.0077 for assistance. Thank you for your understanding.